Orange Chocolate Muffins
No one can resist these muffins, which feature a pleasant pairing of orange and bittersweet chocolate. They're sensational for breakfast with a warm mug of coffee or tea. Anna Pidhirny, Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the
- sour cream, orange juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking powder,
- baking soda and grated chocolate; stir into creamed mixture just
- until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 171 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium,