Orange Chocolate Muffins Recipe
No one can resist these muffins, which feature a pleasant pairing of orange and bittersweet chocolate. They're sensational for breakfast with a warm mug of coffee or tea. Anna Pidhirny, Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, orange juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and grated chocolate; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Chocolate Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p46
Reviews for Orange Chocolate Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review