- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream and orange peel strips, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until blended. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and reaches at least 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
- Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until serving. Garnish with whipped cream and orange peel if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Orange Chocolate Mousse
Sort By :
"This recipe is outstanding! Not only is it easy to make, but the silky texture and delicious orange flavor set it apart from other chocolate mousse recipes. Although it makes 2 generous servings, the recipe can easily be doubled. My husband can't wait for me to make it again!"