This easy-to-make dessert is one of my favorites to serve. It looks so elegant, and the velvety texture, with a subtle hint of orange, is a perfect ending to any meal. -Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream and orange peel strips, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until blended. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and reaches at least 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
- Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until serving. Garnish with whipped cream and orange peel if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Orange Chocolate Mousse in Reminisce Extra April 2002, p53
Reviews for Orange Chocolate Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review