Orange Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream and orange peel strips, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until blended. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and reaches at least 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
- 2. Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until serving. Garnish with whipped cream and orange peel if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 400 calories, 32 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 294 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Chocolate Mousse
"This recipe is outstanding! Not only is it easy to make, but the silky texture and delicious orange flavor set it apart from other chocolate mousse recipes. Although it makes 2 generous servings, the recipe can easily be doubled. My husband can't wait for me to make it again!"