Orange Chocolate Mousse
This easy-to-make dessert is one of my favorites to serve. It looks so elegant, and the velvety texture, with a subtle hint of orange, is a perfect ending to any meal.
-Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream and orange peel strips, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until blended.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until the
- mixture is thickened and reaches at least 160°. Remove from the
- heat; stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
- Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until
- serving. Garnish with whipped cream and orange peel if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 400 calories, 32 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 294 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.