Orange Chocolate Mousse Recipe
This easy-to-make dessert is one of my favorites to serve. It looks so elegant, and the velvety texture, with a subtle hint of orange, is a perfect ending to any meal. -Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream and orange peel strips, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until blended. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and reaches at least 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
- 2. Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until serving. Garnish with whipped cream and orange peel if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 400 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 294mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Orange Chocolate Mousse
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2015
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC