Orange Chocolate Mousse
This easy-to-make dessert looks so elegant. Its velvety texture with a hint of orange flavor is a perfect ending to any meal.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Whipped cream and orange peel strips, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the eggs, egg yolks, cream, brown sugar, juice
- and peel until blended. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15
- minutes or until the mixture is thickened and reached 160°.
- Remove from the heat; stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
- Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until
- serving. Garnish with whipped cream and orange peel if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without whipped cream and orange peel strips) equals 542 calories, 41 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 294 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.