The terrific combination of chocolate and orange makes these some of the best truffles I've ever had. As holiday gifts, they're showstoppers. I have little time to cook, but when I do, I like to "get fancy." In this case, "fancy" doesn't have to be difficult. -Lori Kostecki, Wausau, Wisconsin
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, bring cream and orange peel to a gentle boil; immediately pour over chips. Let stand for 1 minute; whisk until smooth. Add extract. Cover and chill for 35 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat mixture for 10-15 seconds or just until it lightens in color (do not overbeat). Spoon rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and chill for 5 minutes.
- Gently shape into balls; roll half in nuts. In a microwave; melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Chocolate Meltaways in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p27
Reviews for Orange Chocolate Meltaways
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review