Orange Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel (about 1 medium orange)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Boiling water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Place orange peel in a small bowl. Pour juice in a measuring cup; add enough boiling water to measure 1 cup. Pour over orange peel; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the egg, butter, vanilla and reserved orange mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 3. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 servings).
1 slice: 177 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Orange Chocolate Chip Bread
"So easy to make! I had some oranges on the verge of being thrown away so I used their juice instead of store bought orange juice! YUMMMY!!!"
"good good for mi"