Orange Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 package orange cake mix (regular size)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice or water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract, optional
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggs, juice, pudding mix and extract if desired until well blended and smooth. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Pour two-thirds of batter into pan. Combine chocolate syrup with remaining batter; pour into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto wire rack. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Orange Chocolate Cake in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p5
Reviews for Orange Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review