- 1-1/2 pounds beef Skirt Steak, cut into 4 to 6-inch pieces
- 2 medium oranges, divided
- 2 cups chopped tomatillos (4 to 5 small to medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 medium orange
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from chipotle peppers)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine Marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Grate 1/2 teaspoon peel from 1 orange. Cut this orange and half of remaining orange into segments. Chop segments into 1/2-inch pieces. Combine orange peel and segments, tomatillos, onion, chipotle peppers, cumin and salt in medium bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut remaining 1/2 orange into wedges; reserve for garnish.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 8 to 12 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steaks diagonally across the grain into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with tomatillo salsa. Garnish with reserved orange wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Chipotle Skirt Steaks in The Beef Checkoff 2014
Reviews for Orange-Chipotle Skirt Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2014
Made this yesterday and marinaded for 24 hours. Fab-u-lous! Would definitely make it again.
Reviewed May. 14, 2014
Perfect amount of orange flavoring