Orange Chiffon Pie Recipe
My children always tell me I'm the only mom who bakes every day. The other kids at school always want to know what's in my kids' lunch.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Oranges slices
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the gelatin, sugar and salt. Add milk and egg yolks. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; add juices and peel. Chill until partially set.
- 2. Fold in whipped cream and chill until mixture mounds. Spoon into pie shell; chill thoroughly. Garnish with orange slices and mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 342 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC