My children always tell me I'm the only mom who bakes every day. The other kids at school always want to know what's in my kids' lunch.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Oranges slices
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the gelatin, sugar and salt. Add milk and egg yolks. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; add juices and peel. Chill until partially set.
- Fold in whipped cream and chill until mixture mounds. Spoon into pie shell; chill thoroughly. Garnish with orange slices and mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Chiffon Pie in Country Extra November 1991, p49
Reviews for Orange Chiffon Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review