Orange Chiffon Pie
You'll be greeted with smiles when you put Tina Dierking's no-bake dessert on your menu. "This pie is wonderfully refreshing in the summer," says the Showhegan, Maine reader. "It's an old recipe that stands the test of time."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin powder and sugar in water. Add
- orange juice and peel. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened but
- not set.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes or until foamy and thickened. Fold
- in whipped topping until completely combined. Pour into crust. Cover
- and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 223 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.