My children always tell me I'm the only mom who bakes every day. The other kids at school always want to know what's in my kids' lunch.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Oranges slices
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the gelatin, sugar and salt. Add milk and egg yolks. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; add juices and peel. Chill until partially set.
- Fold in whipped cream and chill until mixture mounds. Spoon into pie shell; chill thoroughly. Garnish with orange slices and mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Chiffon Pie in Country Extra November 1991, p49
Reviews for Orange Chiffon Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2010
"My mother has used this recipe for years. I always thought it was wonderful but I never made it myself until recently. I didn't know how easy it is or I would've tried it a long time ago."