I found this recipe several years ago while looking for a new way to prepare chicken. My husband, daughter and I live on a small farm in the mountains of north Georgia. This has become our favorite evening meal dish.
4-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Orange slices, optional
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg, add orange juice. In another bowl,
- combine stuffing mix, paprika, orange peel and salt. Dip chicken in
- to the egg mixture, then into crumbs, turning to coat well. Pour
- butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place chicken in baking
- dish, turning once to butter both sides. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices
- run clear. Garnish with orange slices if desired. Yield: 4-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 241 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon