Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Orange slices, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat egg, add orange juice. In another bowl, combine stuffing mix, paprika, orange peel and salt. Dip chicken in to the egg mixture, then into crumbs, turning to coat well. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place chicken in baking dish, turning once to butter both sides. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear. Garnish with orange slices if desired. Yield: 4-8 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 241 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.