Orange Chicken Wraps Recipe
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-serve roasted chicken breast strips, chopped
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add salad dressing; toss to coat. In another bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce.
- Spoon 3/4 cup coleslaw mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Chicken Wraps(3)
Sort By :
This was good but I thought it needed something. Next time I am going to add some red onion. Very good, though, with the bbq sauce and coleslaw flavors.
The flavor was fun but as the other reviewer mentioned go lite on the sauce. (Too wet and messy and taste was overpowering for the chicken/nuts/broccoli) You need to really drain the mandarins (salad spinner?) and maybe only use 1/4 a cup of coleslaw dressing sauce.
Substituted pine nuts for sunflower and cut the bell pepper and don't pick a barbecue sauce that is overly sweet.
The flavor is amazing! Go lite on the salad dressing otherwise liquid pours out the bottom of the wrap.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >