- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- Set aside seasoning packet from rice mix. In a large skillet, cook rice mix in butter over medium heat until golden brown. Stir in the water, orange juice, garlic powder, ginger, cayenne if desired and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and carrots. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Chicken Supper
"Excellent! Loved the flavor and the whole family like it."
"This is awesome. All of the flavors gotogether so perfectly."
"This was a delicious meal. It made plenty for my husband and I, but enjoyed it the next day for lunch. My co-workers were envious! Great recipe!"