Orange Chicken Spinach Salad Recipe
Refreshing and delicious, Jean Murawski’s lightly dressed, main dish salad is always a hit with friends and family in Grosse Pointe, Michigan. Pair it with Three Grain Pan Rolls, which can be found on the Recipe Finder at www.lightandtasty.com.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, oranges, spinach, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, vinegar, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic and salt. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Top with goat cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC