Orange Chicken Skillet
Lynn starts with Orange Chicken Skillet, a succulent stir-fry that spotlights tender chicken and fresh vegetables. Drop-in guests will think you fussed over the citrus-flavored sauce.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the chicken, carrots, green pepper and
- onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; stir in orange juice
- and chili sauce until smooth. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pasta. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 290 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.