Lynn starts with Orange Chicken Skillet, a succulent stir-fry that spotlights tender chicken and fresh vegetables. Drop-in guests will think you fussed over the citrus-flavored sauce.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the chicken, carrots, green pepper and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; stir in orange juice and chili sauce until smooth. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Chicken Skillet in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p15
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review