Orange Chicken Salad
The refreshing taste of orange makes this chicken salad quite different from all the others I've tried over the years. I enjoy garnishing this salad with orange slices...it's an attractive, colorful look for spring.
-Stephanie Bishop, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, green pepper and onion. Add
- mayonnaise, orange juice and peel and salt; mix well. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 686 calories, 54 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.