Orange Chicken Pasta Salad
Dining alone? Try this colorful salad from Mary Lewis of Norman, Oklahoma. Refreshing mandarin oranges and a creamy citrus dressing complement tender cubes of chicken, pasta spirals, veggies and sliced red grapes. Truly, it's an entree in itself!
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ORANGE VINAIGRETTE:
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. In a small bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, oranges,
- cucumber, grapes and onion.
- In another bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over
- salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 529 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon