My favorite meal features these golden crumb-coated chicken rolls with a savory chive filling. They have a lovely orange flavor without being overwhelming. Serve them with rice or potatoes for Sunday dinner or a party. —Arlene Butler, Ogden, Utah
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, chives, parsley, salt and pepper. Shape into a 6-in. x 2-in. rectangle; place on waxed paper. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut butter mixture into six strips; place one strip in the center of each chicken breast half. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat egg and orange juice. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs and orange peel. Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orange Chicken Kiev in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Chicken Kiev
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review