Orange Chicken Kiev Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, chives, parsley, salt and pepper. Shape into a 6-in. x 2-in. rectangle; place on waxed paper. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut butter mixture into six strips; place one strip in the center of each chicken breast half. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat egg and orange juice. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs and orange peel. Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Chicken Kiev(4)
Sort By :
Loved this chicken; it has just the right amount of orange flavor. I served it with the Asparagus Tomato Salad from the same issue and homemade Hawaiian Rolls.
I love this recipe. The orange flavors are refreshing. One thing I do to make sure the breading is browned is brush lightly with melted butter 1/2 way through baking. I use the lid of a butter dish to form the butter and herb filling. Freeze and slice it into the number of pieces I need.
This is a great recipe. It is easy and looks like it took a lot of time and effort. My family loves it- the orange gives it it's unique flavor. Will make again.
It was a decent meal but the flavors just didn't impress me. It's hard to roll the chicken in the bowls when the toothpicks are in, so only put the toothpicks in when the chicken is put in the pan.