Orange Chicken and Veggies Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and seeded
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 unpeeled medium oranges, cut into 1/2-in slices
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, syrup, oil, curry and cayenne. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat. Place the peppers, zucchini, pineapple and oranges in another resealable bag; add remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate chicken and vegetables for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Drain vegetables and fruits, reserving marinade for basting. Grill the chicken, vegetables and fruits, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting 6-8 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, vegetables are tender and fruits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture equals 320 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Orange Chicken and Veggies
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.