Orange Chicken and Veggies with Rice Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup cornstarch, divided
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Place remaining cornstarch in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons oil for 7-9 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute carrots in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add green pepper and onion; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture with 3/4 cup rice equals 454 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 470 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Chicken and Veggies with Rice
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.