Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Orange slices, optional
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg, add orange juice. In another bowl, combine stuffing mix, paprika, orange peel and salt. Dip chicken in to the egg mixture, then into crumbs, turning to coat well. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place chicken in baking dish, turning once to butter both sides. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear. Garnish with orange slices if desired. Yield: 4-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Chicken(5)
Sort By :
I love this recipe. Followed it exactly the first time and family loved it. I have since used this recipe many times, and have changed a few things. Usually buy a larger pack of chicken so increase to 2 eggs and a dash more orange juice. Use extra orange zest (peel) for more robust orange flavor. Use full box of stuffing mix. I spray the baking dish and tops of the chicken after placing in the dish instead of using the melted butter. No one noticed any difference! Very tasty chicken!!
I made this for my fiance on Valentine's Day, and it turned out great! It's quick, easy, and tastes great with creamy mashed potatoes.
I used bread crumbs instead of the dressing and it was great. Just a hint of orange flavor. Will definitely make it again.
thank you my family loved this