I found this recipe several years ago while looking for a new way to prepare chicken. My husband, daughter and I live on a small farm in the mountains of north Georgia. This has become our favorite evening meal dish. —Betty Sexton, Blairsville, Georgia
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Orange slices, optional
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and orange juice. In another bowl, combine stuffing mix, paprika, orange peel and salt.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in crumbs, turning to coat well. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place chicken in baking dish, turning once to butter both sides.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Garnish with orange slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Chicken in Country April/May 1994, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review