- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Orange slices, optional
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and orange juice. In another bowl, combine stuffing mix, paprika, orange peel and salt.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in crumbs, turning to coat well. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place chicken in baking dish, turning once to butter both sides.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Garnish with orange slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Chicken
Sort By :
"I will admit to being a little skeptical about this recipe with the orange juice in it, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good this chicken really was. I did not add the orange peel, but used all the other ingredients. It was done at about 38 minutes."
"Made this last night. Crazy good. The whole family loved it and we have some very picky eaters. Pounded the chicken breasts first, but followed the recipe exactly. Just had some left over for lunch and it was still great!!"
"I made this with chicken tenderloins and it was absolutely delicious. Even my 5 grandchildren, ages 7 to 12, really liked it. I did not put the orange peel in, but when I make it for my husband and I, I will try this. Thanks, Sukie"
"Great quick dinner. I used fresh squeezed oj & added diced jalape?o & fennel before baking. Adds a nice heat/pepper flavor. Will definitely make again. A real hit!!!!!"
"Don't like the idea of chicken roasting in an oily pan, so placed chicken on cooling rack in oven to cook. Works great. Recipe is yummy!"