- 1-3/4 cups shortbread cookie crumbs (about 22 cookies)
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/4 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, almonds and 2 tablespoons sugar; stir in butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add orange juice concentrate and extract; beat until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice; set berries aside. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; gently stir in raspberries. Cool. Serve with cheesecake dessert. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Orange Cheesecake Dessert in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p48
Reviews for Orange Cheesecake Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review