- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-3/4 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 7 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, orange juice concentrate and vanilla until smooth. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll one portion into an 18x7-in. rectangle. Spread half of the filling to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place cut side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine confectioners' sugar, orange juice and peel; drizzle over warm rolls. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Orange-Cheesecake Breakfast Rolls
Sort By :
I made these today for New Year's Day and they were fantastic. I have been wanting to try them for a long time and finally did. The only thing I would change in the recipe is maybe add a little orange zest to the filling. They were very yummy and a definite keeper!!!
Absolutely wonderful. Easy to make. Frosting has a full orange flavor. Excellent creamy filling. A new family favorite
I'm not exactly sure the amount of orange extract I used. I probably put a few drops and then tasted it. I think you'll have to careful and just go according to how strong of an orange flavor you want. Sorry I'm not much help, but thanks for reminding me of these delicious rolls!
Delicious. Added twice the amount of concentrate it asked for to cream cheese mixture and also used the concentrate to make the glaze instead of regular juice. Made for 45 people no complaints.
I made these the night before Easter and put in the refrigerator overnight. They are definately awesome! And will definately make them again!