These yummy rolls are a nice change of pace from the typical brown-sugar and cinnamon kind. They make a nice treat for breakfast or brunch.— Hannah Cobb, Owings Mills, Maryland
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-3/4 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 7 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, orange juice concentrate and vanilla until smooth. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll one portion into an 18x7-in. rectangle. Spread half of the filling to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place cut side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine confectioners' sugar, orange juice and peel; drizzle over warm rolls. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange-Cheesecake Breakfast Rolls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p111
Reviews for Orange Cheesecake Breakfast Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review