Orange Cheesecake Bars Recipe
I still remember the last day of first grade, when our teacher treated the class to little cups with orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream swirled together. I tried to capture that same delicious flavor when I created these creamy layered bars. -Connie Faulkner, Moxee, Washington
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the milk, eggs and vanilla; beat just until combined. Pour half over crust.
- 3. Add the orange juice concentrate, orange peel, extract and food coloring to the remaining cream cheese mixture; beat until combined. Pour over first layer.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 106 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Cheesecake Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC