Orange Chantilly Cream
Mom first tried this recipe from a French cookbook many years ago. She decorated the top of each light fluffy dessert cup with a slice of fresh orange from our trees! Everyone loved it.
-Kerry Sullivan, Maitland, Florida
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 medium navel oranges
- 4-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons orange extract
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each orange. With a grapefruit spoon,
- scoop out pulp. Invert oranges onto paper towels to drain. Remove
- and discard membrane from orange pulp; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar and extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Beat
- in orange juice. Fold in reserved orange pulp. Spoon into orange
- shells. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 418 calories, 33 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.