Orange Chantilly Cream Recipe
- 12 medium navel oranges
- 4-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons orange extract
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each orange. With a grapefruit spoon, scoop out pulp. Invert oranges onto paper towels to drain. Remove and discard membrane from orange pulp; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Beat in orange juice. Fold in reserved orange pulp. Spoon into orange shells. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 418 calories, 33g fat (21g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Orange Chantilly Cream
"My oh my! These are a wonderful and light offering for dessert that even the person who declares they are "full" after the main meal can still partake. They do take a bit of preparation time but once they're in the fridge, you can forget them till you take them out. ***DO cover them to protect the cream in order to keep it soft until serving. Your guests (or family) will be so impressed with these gorgeous orbs of delight!"
"I made these for dessert on Mother's Day. They took no time at all, but I let my mother think I worked all day on them."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.