- 12 medium navel oranges
- 4-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons orange extract
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each orange. With a grapefruit spoon, scoop out pulp. Invert oranges onto paper towels to drain. Remove and discard membrane from orange pulp; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Beat in orange juice. Fold in reserved orange pulp. Spoon into orange shells. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Orange Chantilly Cream in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange Chantilly Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2009
I made these for dessert on Mother's Day. They took no time at all, but I let my mother think I worked all day on them.