Orange Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, carrots and celery in oil for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, orange juice, honey and soy sauce until blended. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 375 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 625mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 3-1/2 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Orange Cashew Chicken
"Really delicious. Before adding the sauce, during the last 2-3 minute I add in some snap peas or snow peas."
"Delicious! The whole family loved it...and we fought over who could have the leftovers!"
"Easy and delicious!"
"My husband loved this, I thought it had a bit too much orange flavor though. Good dish overall, with an asian flavor."
"I first made this years ago when my kids were in Middle School and everyone loved it. Now my daughter has graduated from college, moving into her first apartment, and asked me for the recipe after all this time. I think it's one of the first "asian style" dishes I ever made, should be great for any beginning chef. Since then I've branched out into a lot more authentic and creative asian cooking, but this recipe deserves the credit for the original inspiration. If you're a new cook, or new to asian food, give it a try!"
"I will probably make again but with less orange juice (broth instead), less corn starch and added garlic."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.