- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, carrots and celery in oil for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, orange juice, honey and soy sauce until blended. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Cashew Chicken
Sort By :
"Been making this for years. Often prep carrots, celery and chicken ahead and put in bags. Makes after work dinner fast and easy!"
"Really delicious. Before adding the sauce, during the last 2-3 minute I add in some snap peas or snow peas."
"Delicious! The whole family loved it...and we fought over who could have the leftovers!"
"Easy and delicious!"
"My husband loved this, I thought it had a bit too much orange flavor though. Good dish overall, with an asian flavor."