Orange-Cashew Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped bok choy
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving 1/2 cup oranges and 2 tablespoons juice (save remainder for another use).
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cashews, broth, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and reserved juice; set aside. In a large wok or skillet, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add cashew mixture; cook 1 minute longer. Add the bok choy, chives and reserved oranges; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3. Fluff rice with a fork; serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
2/3 cup chicken mixture with 2/3 cup rice equals 389 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,249 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer