- 1 cup Minute® Brown Rice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped bok choy
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving 1/2 cup oranges and 2 tablespoons juice (save remainder for another use).
- In a small bowl, combine the cashews, broth, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and reserved juice; set aside. In a large wok or skillet, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add cashew mixture; cook 1 minute longer. Add the bok choy, chives and reserved oranges; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork; serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Orange-Cashew Chicken and Rice
Sort By :
"Very quick and easy to make. It was a bit salty, so I will likely cut the soy sauce in half next time."
"We don't care for bok choy so I use celery. Also I double the sauce. Great use for leftover rotiss. chicken. Excellent leftovers; we make this alot!"
"We have made this recipe several times and love it! Light and refreshing."