Orange Carrot Muffins Recipe
Nutmeg, cloves and orange peel make these carrot muffins a special anytime treat.
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in orange juice. Combine the flour, orange peel, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in carrots.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Carrot Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC