Orange Caramel Ice Cream Sauce
Instead of topping ice cream with a store-bought sauce, our Test Kitchen presents this simple homemade version. The subtle orange flavor pairs well with any type of ice cream.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Butter pecan ice cream
- Orange spirals, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir brown sugar and cream over medium
- heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes
- or until mixture is reduced by half. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- milk and orange extract. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, warm over low heat. Serve with ice cream.
- Garnish with orange spirals if desired. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 215 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.