As holiday gifts, these mocha-orange morsels are sure to be a sweet success. The delighted response they get is well worth the kitchen time it takes to make them. —Lucile Cline, Wichita, Kansas
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, melt white chocolate with 1/4 cup cream, orange juice, extract and peel. Stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts. Cool for 10-12 minutes.
- Using a small spoon, fill paper or foil candy cups about two-thirds full with cooled chocolate mixture. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine coffee granules and remaining cream. Cook and stir over low heat until coffee is dissolved. Add semisweet chocolate; cook and stir until chocolate is melted. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon over each cup. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Cappuccino Creams in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p38
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange Cappuccino Creams
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2010
"This has been one of my favorites for a while. I'm delighted that I found it online."
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2008
"I make this every year. They are too die for!!!"