Orange Candied Carrots Recipe
My son always asks for these glazed carrot coins at Thanksgiving. The orange flavor in the sweet mild sauce really comes through. This pleasant side dish is a great way to dress up a meal of holiday leftovers. Lori Lockrey West Hill, Ontario
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 orange peel strip (1 to 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the butter, cranberry sauce, orange peel, brown sugar and salt. Cover and process until blended. Drain carrots; drizzle with cranberry mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Orange Candied Carrots in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p31
Reviews for Orange Candied Carrots(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review