Orange Candied Carrots Recipe
My son always asks for these glazed carrot coins at Thanksgiving. The orange flavor in the sweet mild sauce really comes through. This pleasant side dish is a great way to dress up a meal of holiday leftovers. —Lori Lockrey West Hill, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 orange peel strip (1 to 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the butter, cranberry sauce, orange peel, brown sugar and salt. Cover and process until blended. Drain carrots; drizzle with cranberry mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 404 calories, 31 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 767 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC