Orange Candied Carrots Recipe
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 orange peel strip (1 to 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the butter, cranberry sauce, orange peel, brown sugar and salt. Cover and process until blended. Drain carrots; drizzle with cranberry mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 404 calories, 31 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 767 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Candied Carrots
"This was pretty good. I thought that you would be able to tell that there was jellied cranberry sauce but you can't. I also tried to run the sauce through the blender and it wouldn't work (my fault not the fault of the recipe) and wound up having to peel off some zest with a grater and then using beaters to mix. I didn't have as much zest as I would have if I had used the peel but a little goes a long way for us."
"Omit the orange zest."