Orange Candied Carrots
My son always asks for these glazed carrot coins at Thanksgiving. The orange flavor in the sweet mild sauce really comes through. This pleasant side dish is a great way to dress up a meal of holiday leftovers.
West Hill, Ontario
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 orange peel strip (1 to 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a skillet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the butter, cranberry sauce, orange
- peel, brown sugar and salt. Cover and process until blended. Drain
- carrots; drizzle with cranberry mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 404 calories, 31 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 767 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.