My son always asks for these glazed carrot coins at Thanksgiving. The orange flavor in the sweet mild sauce really comes through. This pleasant side dish is a great way to dress up a meal of holiday leftovers. —Lori Lockrey West Hill, Ontario
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 orange peel strip (1 to 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the butter, cranberry sauce, orange peel, brown sugar and salt. Cover and process until blended. Drain carrots; drizzle with cranberry mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Orange Candied Carrots in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p31
Reviews for Orange Candied Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review