Orange Cake Recipe
A delightful orange frosting is the secret to this cake from Kathleen Gingras of Thorold, Ontario. "It is great with a scoop of ice cream," she suggests.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the orange juice, water, orange peel and almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter and enough orange juice to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Orange Cake in Country Woman November/December 2003, p37
Reviews for Orange Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review