Orange Buttermilk Salad
For a deliciously creamy treat, I make this gelatin salad. It is so easy to whip up and I always receive compliments.—Carol Van Sickle, Versailles, Kentucky
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a saucepan, bring pineapple to a boil. Remove from the heat; add
- gelatin and stir to dissolve. Add buttermilk and mix well. Cool to
- room temperature. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into an 11-in. x
- 7-in. dish. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Cut into
- squares. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.