Orange Buttermilk Salad
MY FAMILY loves this salad, and I do, too, because it's so easy to make!
The buttermilk adds a wonderful tang, making it a refreshing accompaniment to any meal.
-Lenore Wilson, Muskogee, Oklahoma
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a saucepan, bring pineapple with juice to a boil. Stir in the
- gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in buttermilk.
- Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into an
- 11-in. x 7-in. dish or 2-qt. bowl. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with unsweetened pineapple, sugar-free gelatin and reduced-fat whipped topping) equals 115 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat.