Orange Buttered Peas Recipe
Fresh mushrooms sauteed in a tangy orange-butter sauce give peas a new and interesting twist.—Zita Wilensky, North Miami Beach, Florida
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the marmalade, butter and orange peel. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Cook peas according to package directions; drain. Add mushroom mixture and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 89 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Orange Buttered Peas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC