Fresh mushrooms sauteed in a tangy orange-butter sauce give peas a new and interesting twist.—Zita Wilensky, North Miami Beach, Florida
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the marmalade, butter and orange peel. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Cook peas according to package directions; drain. Add mushroom mixture and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Buttered Peas in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p13
Reviews for Orange Buttered Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2016
"I just made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! Used Trader Joes frozen peas with shiitake mushrooms and it tasted amazing!"