Orange Buttercream Frosting
Our Test Kitchen gave simple buttercream frosting a tangy twist by adding a splash of orange juice. It goes wonderfully on orange cupcakes or over white, yellow or chocolate cake.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the
- confectioners' sugar, orange peel and vanilla. Add enough orange
- juice to achieve frosting consistency. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 85 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now