- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, orange peel and vanilla. Add enough orange juice to achieve frosting consistency. Yield: 1 cup.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange Buttercream Frosting
"Great frosting!! I put it on lemon cake, it added a nice citrus flavor!"
"Great easy to use site. Receipts are yummy"
"I tried 3 different orange frosting recipes, Everyone choose this one (freshest taste, most orange flavor)! I did add more orange juice, and it doesn't make enough for 1 cake... be sure to double it :)"
"Delicious! I left out the orange zest and added a teaspoon of orange juice and a full teaspoon of vanilla."
"I found this frosting to be sickeningly sweet. It was not a good match for the stellar Golden Orange Cupcakes. I doubled the recipe because the Golden Orange Cupcakes recipe yielded 48 mini cupcakes, and I knew I'd need more than 1 cup of frosting. Just way too sweet."
"This was excellent. My 9 year old favored this over chocolate frosting we had made earlier."
"Delicious! Frosted Cranberry-orange muffins and sold for $1 each for a fundraiser. Sold out in 1 hour!"