Orange Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in the eggs, orange peel and extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour into a greased and floured 6-cup fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and juice until smooth. Spoon over cake. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Orange Bundt Cake(2)
Sort By :
I have not made this cake yet...breeleed-notice that the cake pictured is no taller than the coffee cup behind it, so it is apparently a smaller cake.
Such a delicious cake! I made a few changes, because I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand. I used brown sugar, substituted the lemon extract with orange and added both lemon and orange zest. I think next time, I'll double the recipe, because my cake wasn't as high as the one shown in the photo. I must have a larger sized bundt pan. This cake isn't sugary and I think it would be lovely served with coffee or tea.